Friday, March 5, 2010

An Introduction to My Reason

Traditional Format is an amazing facet to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game; despite this, however, it always has been - and remains to be - an all-too-often over-looked facet to the Yu-Gi-Oh! Trading Card Game (and, indeed, it saddens me terribly to say this, but alas! it must be acknowledged). It is with this fact in mind (and, specifically, the latter section in paranthesis) that I have enlisted the use of this Blog. Through this medium, the objectives I foresee the ability to achieve (and which I feel I need to achieve) are primarily two-fold: the first is a personal one - that I will be able to gather my thoughts about the aforementioned topic into a physical form, rather than allowing them to merely chase each other around my mind, and also to have a strong motivation for doing so. I intend, once this has been accomplished, to compose a treatise detailing my work; the second is a, shall we say, global one - that, by achieving herein my first objective, I will be able to bring to the attention of the Duelling world the brilliance that is Traditional Format. I know, from reading many message boards, that I have a hard task in this latter one.

One may say, having read the above paragraph, that somebody who lives in Australia (which is merely a small demographic in the Duelling world, a proverbial backwater of knowledge) would not be able to achieve such a deep set of tasks. I concede, one may argue such a point convincingly. I will, however, offer the following defense: unlike the majority of people in this day and age, I am an immensely observant and understanding person, and have spent the last seven or eight years applying these two personality traits to this game. Quite simply, I know what I am talking about.

And with that comment (which I dearly hope did not sound too egotistical), I have said my short introductory piece. I will post next week my first essay, which will be an analysis of the Traditional Format. Until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment